Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WBC

Sorry, I forgot to put Pool D.
Who wants to listen to my confusing graph? Check out the link.
http://web.worldbaseballclassic.com/schedule/brackets.jsp

It's final in Pool C and Pool D. As you'll see in the link, the Netherlands will play Venezuela in the game at noon on Saturday. At 7, you'll watch our US play Puerto Rico on the same day. I'm really glad that we don't have to play the Netherlands. They are hot now, came out of nowhere, and are dangerous because nobody knows the guys that they have there. I could only recognize former Cubs 1B Randall Simon, Rick VandenHurk, and Sidney Ponson. Puerto Rico is a big challenge, too, with such guys as Carlos Beltran, Alex Rios, Carlos Delgado, Mike Aviles, Ramon Vasquez, Yadier Molina, Geovany Soto, Alex Cora, and Felipe Lopez. Their pitching includes Javier Vasquez, Jonathan Sanchez, and Ian Snell.
I think the US will beat Puerto Rico and Venezuela will top Netherlands, but the US will lose to Venezuela and be forced to play Netherlands in Game 5. The US will win that one and secure a spot in the semifinals along with Venezuela. Pool D will dissolve. As for what happens next, I see Korea and Cuba making it out of the other side. I shall say no more until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment